When most people who haven’t actually had anything really to do with Canada think of us, their first impression is often of us sitting around, snacking on some poutine, and sucking back a beer. Which, depending on which part of Canada you’re talking about, probably isn’t all too far from the truth. I didn’t know that was true of Toronto, though. But yet, in an attempt at bringing the Pan American Olympics to Canada in 2015, Toronto officials–and some provincial ones–are in Mexico, sitting down to a lunch of poutine and beer. With a little smoked salmon and chardonnay for folks who aren’t french fry fans. Guess what they say is true. There’s always a little fact based in every rumour. Who knew?
The Canadian stereotypes are true!
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.