I’m not completely sure what the Stay Smart Online program is exactly supposed to do for Australians who sign up for it, but I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to end with those citizens’ personal details ending up on a DVD somewhere between here and the postal ether. I’m also pretty sure it wasn’t supposed to end up in the hands of a contractor idiotic enough to 1: back up that information on a DVD and 2: send said DVD through the mail in the first damn place. But, both happened. And now what I’m guessing is supposed to be an attempt at an internet safety system is officially a whole lot less safe. Bright side, because I love a good silver lining: at least the passwords were encripted?
Australia’s stay smart online program isn’t very smart offline.
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.