A couple Canadian residents living in the US, upon Canada’s winning of the gold metal against the US during the olympics, took it upon themselves to replace a US flag with a Canadian one in response to a bet they’d entered into in a bar. In response to that, they were promptly arrested and charged. The excuse? The US flag was apparently damaged. So apparently, accidentally banging the flag up a little–if it was even these two who did it at all–is an offense worthy of being taken to court over. And all because of a little olympic fun. Sounds like someone doesn’t take too kindly to losing. Clearly, if you’re proud of your country, you’re not allowed to show it–unless your country is the US. Now that’s patriotism. And folks wonder why it is I shake my head at what goes on down there sometimes.
Patriotism only counts if it’s US patriotism.
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.