Canada’s womens’ team might not have been playing a metal game, but it was almost as exciting. For a few reasons. This was the first time in olympic history Slovakia had a womens’ hockey team in the tournament–a surprising fact I wasn’t aware of, particularly given how well their mens’ team usually plays. On top of that, an olympic record 18 goals were scored by Canada, including two hat tricks, breaking the previous record that’d been standing since the 1998 olympics. On top of that, they played this game as though it were a metal game–much to the misfortune of the Slovakians. An interesting way to start off the run for gold. Now here’s hoping the mens’ team’s half as lucky.
Canada 18, Slovakia 0.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.
- Tell me you didn’t see that coming.
- In which WordPress lets me do with an interface what I used to do with code. 13 years later.
- Renewing your ID online is a good thing. So of course Ontario will screw it up.
- The month in readership, January 2022.