Canada’s womens’ team might not have been playing a metal game, but it was almost as exciting. For a few reasons. This was the first time in olympic history Slovakia had a womens’ hockey team in the tournament–a surprising fact I wasn’t aware of, particularly given how well their mens’ team usually plays. On top of that, an olympic record 18 goals were scored by Canada, including two hat tricks, breaking the previous record that’d been standing since the 1998 olympics. On top of that, they played this game as though it were a metal game–much to the misfortune of the Slovakians. An interesting way to start off the run for gold. Now here’s hoping the mens’ team’s half as lucky.
Canada 18, Slovakia 0.
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.