The US has apparently finally wisened up, it looks like. Either that or Slashdot is misinforming everyone. Apparently, you are now able, and legally permitted, to break the software lock your cell phone has when you buy it through a specific provider. As if I haven’t said it enough already–it’s about goddamn time. Now, I’m wondering how far behind that Canada’s gonna be. My guess is not very, but… it’s Canada. Don’t quote me on that. Ah well, on the up side, though, it does kind of reinforce my opinion on most/all things copyright and restrictive. Finally I don’t need to switch providers to get a cell phone I actually like! Um… not that I care about the latest in camera phones, but eh.
Well, this is about time.
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.