- The browser crashes more in one day than Windows ME ever did in a week. I’d know–I’ve used both.
- Websites I can access just fine in IE 7, or in firefox, break IE 8. Badly.
- IE 8’s ability to restore tabs on a crash? Absolutely useless–it fails more than it succeeds, leading me to need to fight with it to get back to where I was and pray it doesn’t crash again anyway.
- Its “fast search” functionality? Yeah, crashes at least once per restart. Fail.
- It really makes me wish my parents’ computer, which is currently running IE 8–I’m fixing that the next time I’m over there, wouldn’t threaten to fall over every time I want to install something new. I’d be going Firefox in a real hurry over there if it didn’t.
Yes, IE 8 is on my parents’ computer. I have no idea who put it there–this one’s at least running 7, and it’s actually more stable. When next I have a couple hours, IE 8 is going to find itself taken out back, sat in the middle of the lawn, and shot. Call it a mercy killing–my mercy. There are rumours IE 9’s around the corner. I hope to God it handles itself better than 8. For its own sake.