In 2007, Ottawa sat tied at 3 games with the team formerly known as the Mighty Ducks in the Stanley cup finals. The city was freaking insane, to put it nicely–Ottawa in the finals just doesn’t happen. I called in sick to work that night just so I could watch the seventh and final game, but not for the same reason nearly everyone else who could have gotten out of work did. While they were seated in front of their TV’s screaming for a Sens victory, for the first time in my life, I cheered for the Ducks. And, in the dying minutes of overtime, I wasn’t disappointed. It’s sad, but true. Like the song says, the Stanley cup will never go to Ottawa. But, think positive, boys. The Leafs have your usual course reserved already.
The next best thing to a Canadians defeat? A Senators defeat.
I don’t get to stand in front of my TV screaming in victory yet–Montreal’s still in the playoffs. But, thank bloody God, Ottawa’s done. Their quest to choke in the Stanley cup finals died on Saturday. Yes, and I’m just now getting around to posting about it–I’ve been busy, okay?
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.