… Definitely not the lack of malware. At least, not anymore according to Symantec. They say they believe they’ve discovered the first ever Mac botnet. According to the article (geek.com), it’s supposedly already infected several (I think the article said thousands?) of macs, which are apparently being remotely controlled by a third party, though not necessarily the person(s) who created the malware in the first place. This sort of walks all over one of the major supposed benefits many mac users throw up in the faces of anyone still using Windows, that being thelack of any real need for antivirus/antimalware software. If Symantec is able to actually confirm the report, folks are gonna have to find a new excuse to switch from Windows. At least, if they’re not switching to linux, who still remains malware free to this point.
And the Mac advantage is…
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.