… Along comes this admittedly slightly not so recent news story. Guy posts a status update about the anniversary of his mother’s death. Whole bunch of people click that damned annoying like button about it, thusly inflating his ego to about the size of the Goodyear blymp. His estranged wife, recently separated, doesn’t. Now, if he’s a sane kind of guy, he figures, oh, well, she’ll probably say something later. Or not. It’s only Facebook. But if he’s a sane kind of guy, he doesn’t get a mention on this blog–or on Techdirt, where I initially ran into this story. Since he’s ending up in both places, it’s reasonable to assume rather than be sane, he decided to get drunk and attack his wife over the absense of a click on that damned like button. Yeah, I don’t get it either–but then, I also don’t hang out on Facebook. I wonder. Will they let him post from his cell? Jail cell, I mean. And will she like his arrest notification?
Just when you thought only Facebook could make Facebook look vaguely dramatic…
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.