A bit over a month ago, SMART Technology up and decided to close things down and lay a bunch of people off. I’ve been there–it sucks, to put it mildly. The way this economy’s going, it sucks twice. But, they don’t join the long list of former employees receiving help from the Ottawa or Ontario government–a la what RIM did around the same time. Instead, these guys caught a hell of a break. In the form of a $7.1 million lottory win. Just a little bit of proof the economy doesn’t have to entirely and completely suck for everyone. Now where’d I put this week’s LotoMax ticket?
And sometimes, Murphy actually throws folks a break.
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.