Colleges around here have been on strike now for a week or so, and there’s not much leaning in the favour of a resolution any time relatively soon. Not quite so bad, unless you’re one of the students attending said colleges. Then, it becomes a matter of whether or not they’ll actually get to finnish their semester. Highschools going on strike are just plain irritating; you can at least make up for that in the summer, or next year in a pinch. Plus it’s free. Some of the college students effected will have to redo their whole year, likely. Others, their entire program. And that’s not quite so free. I was giving serious thought to going back to Algonquin College this year, or next. But if this is going to be a semi-regular occurance… well, enough said.
If I were a college student, I’d cry…
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.
- Tell me you didn’t see that coming.
- In which WordPress lets me do with an interface what I used to do with code. 13 years later.
- Renewing your ID online is a good thing. So of course Ontario will screw it up.
- The month in readership, January 2022.