Because open source isn’t restricted to *just* software, this probably shouldn’t surprise you. Anyone who’s ever used an application similar to… well, just about anything that runs on the linux operating system for one, a la wordpress, movable type, and all that, is very familiar with the concept of open source–use the software for what you want, change it if you so desire, extend it as you wish, but making those changes public is strongly encouraged. And now, ‘twould appear the rules of open source have left the software community, and entered the world of beer. I dunno, could be interesting. Hey, if any of the big US breweries start following that business model (ha, right) it might not be quite so uh… watered down. Could happen. And windows could be open source, too. Not.
The linux of beer is upon us!
- China says it’s a lie. that’s all the evidence I need.
- If you own an M1 Mac, I’m a little jealous and a lot sorry.
- I would absolutely love a self-driving car. It won’t happen in my lifetime.
- Ontario votes Not The Liberals, again.
- Ontario doesn’t do accessibility. Also water is wet.