It’s been a fairly uneventful week plus in this screwed up reality in which I live. Not a whole lot new going on with the exception of the fact I’m noticing a steady increase in the number of available job postings in Ottawa. Not necessarily an increase in the number of jobs I’d be caught dead applying for, but no sense in splitting hairs where everywhere you look there’s at least one person screaming second depression. I did end up applying for a tech support job with Cyberus Online, which is basicly a lesser heard of ISP. Of course, they have yet to actually call me back, but if I focused on that I’d be a lot more insane than I’ve been accused of being. I applied for a few more jobs, too, including a temporary one until March or so for the northeastern Ontario branch of the CAA. No, don’t worry, it doesn’t involve driving; just sitting behind a desk taking calls and dispatching people to do the towing of people’s vehicles. So, roughly translated, emergency roadside asistance operator. Nothing to throw my hands in the air and scream from a rooftop about, but at this stage of the game, even if it stretches employment insurance out for another month or two, I’m not saying no. Employers might, but I sure as hell won’t. What I will do, though, is that thing where I see about maybe possibly kinda sorta getting my day semi-started. Hey, anyone wanna entertain me while I go a-hunting? I can has work, plz? Kthx.
Subscribe via RSS
For your own security, and so I can contact you directly in the event it's requested/required, I store your email address and IP address on the server. With the exception of reasons of a legal nature, that information is only visible to me and not available for public consumption. I will neither give, nor sell, that information to third parties for any reason in any way, shape or form. Anyone asking for that information will be appropriately shot.
This website employs advertising served by Google. This advertising may or may not place a cookie on your machine for the purpose of shaping those advertisements more towards your interests. If you do not wish to permit Google to do this, you may opt out here. Please note, this has nothing to do with this website beyond the displaying of those ads--your agreement, or lack thereof, is strictly between you and Google.
- church accounting software on Friends don’t let friends rent from Paramount Properties, part 2: this is not the apartment you’re looking for.
- James on Some food for thought for Ontario’s government: “Just get a job” doesn’t solve the ODSP problem.
- blupheonix on Some food for thought for Ontario’s government: “Just get a job” doesn’t solve the ODSP problem.
- James on Friends don’t let friends rent from Paramount Properties, part 2: this is not the apartment you’re looking for.
- JA on Friends don’t let friends rent from Paramount Properties, part 2: this is not the apartment you’re looking for.