A while back I did one of these entries about Ottawa, and… well, I left out that other place I lived. You know, the one I was all unemployed and lazy in. As… opposed to the employed and lazy I am now. But… meh. Corrected and such!
You know you’re from Pembroke when:
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on hwy 17
2. “Vacation” means going to Ottawa for the weekend
3. You measure distance in hours
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once
5. You often switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day
6. You use a down comforter in the summer
7. Your grandparents drive at 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching
8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked
10. You think of the major food groups as deer meat, fish, and berries
11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them
12. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Beer Store any given time
13. You design your kid’s Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit
14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow
15. You think lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas
16. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.
17. It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you’re in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
18. You actually understand these jokes…..
Apparently, I somehow managed to completely and totally fuck up the html for this entry. Woopsydoodles.